Easy sign up and log in process
- Windows Live Hotmail is quite simple when it comes to creating a new account. All you need to do is to visit hotmail.com and you get the interface to create a new account. Select the option to go further.
- You need to enter the details like name, contact details and your mail ID name.
- You can provide alternate mail IDs or phone numbers to make your account more secured. This will help you in case you forgot your password. This alternate identity details will help you unlock your account.
- You have a Hotmail Support system that helps you with all your queries. Browse through the website and you will come across all the details required to successfully complete the process of account creation.
- Hotmail is a free service, but you have the option to upgrade it to a paid service. And this will make you eligible for privileged services like live Hotmail Support etc.
- Once you sign up successfully, you will get mails from Windows Live Support team.
- If you happen to forget your password, on the log in page you have a link that says forget the password. Select the link and you will be guided through a series of steps that helps you to unlock your account successfully.
- There are many features attached with your mail that can provide you with a wide range of privileges.
In the recent past the process of sharing information and basic communication was tedious and it required long hours of waiting for a response. However, with the introduction of the internet services the communication process has significantly improved. Today it is very easy for one to have a conversation with other people regardless of their geographical location. This has been made possible by the different email service providers. There are quite a few service providers that you can choose from with Hotmail is one of the popular service providers.
How to sign into Hotmail
One thing that you ought to know is that Microsoft rebranded the service provider from Hotmail at Outlook.com. This however doesn’t mean that you cannot access your old email account. You will be able to use your old log in detail on the new and improved email account. The website has changed and for you to access your email, you will have to go via the Outlook.com official website. The process of logging in to your account is very easy.
- Launch the official website. You will be directed to the Outlook home page.
- In the space provided enter your email account. The most interesting part with Hotmail is that you can log in using your phone number. This is the phone number that you registered with the account. You need to ensure that the phone number is verified.
- Enter your password.
- Check the ‘keep me signed in’ button. You should only check this button is you are using your own computer. By checking this button you will be directed to your Hotmail email account home page without logging in. If on a shared computer, keep the button unchecked.
- Click on sign in.
When you are logging in, you may be asked to provide the verification code that will be sent to your phone. This will occur if you have activated the 2 step verification process on your account. The 2-step verification process is a security process that has been designed to add a layer of protection to your account. You will be required to log in to your account with your normal password and an extra code. This will help you to Read More…
Hotmail is one of the most popular free web based email service providers on the internet. Hotmail is now a service that comes under Microsoft Corporation and the service has now been changed to the Outlook.com email service since 2012. To log in to your Hotmail account, you will have to create a new account and you will need a username and a password to log in to Hotmail account. Create a Hotmail account is very easy and simple and with the new Hotmail account, you will have access to all the services that are on offer from Microsoft like Windows Live, OneDrive, Outlook.com, Skype and Hotmail. If you want to create a new Hotmail account, then you need to follow the step by step instruction given below to easily open a new Hotmail account.
Creating Hotmail Account
- Open a new web browser and then in the address bar, type hotmail.com. You will be immediately taken to the Outlook.com account sign in page. You need to locate the “Don’t have an account? Sign up now” and click on the sign up now option given in blue.
- You will now be directed to the Microsoft Account creation page. Here, you will be asked to key in a few of your personal details as well as a preferred username and password to open the Hotmail account.
- In the respective type box for the username, you will have to key in a username that you like which will be followed by @hotmail.com option. You can also check the availability of the username that you have chosen by clicking on the check availability option given below the username type box. Hotmail will also prompt you with the usernames based on your choice.
- You can choose ones suggested by Hotmail or even find out one of your own that is not yet in use. This username will be your email address that you will give your friends and relatives and other contacts.
- After the username option, it is time to choose a unique strong password for your Hotmail account. Make sure that you include alphabets, numbers as well as special characters in your password to make it strong and it should at least be having a minimum of 8 characters.
- You will also be asked to key in a few of your personal details like first and last name, gender, date of birth and your alternate email address. Make sure you give the correct details in the box provided.
- You will come across a captcha code to confirm that you are human trying to open a new hotmail account and not a robot. Type in the code as provided on your screen inside the type box.
- Next, you need to check the Agreement and Terms and Conditions and if everything is satisfactory, then click on the Accept button to complete the process of setting up your Hotmail account.
You can now get access to Hotmail inbox by logging into the account with your new username and password.
If you are wondering as to how you will be able to sign in to your Hotmail account with the new changes, then you need not worry. Just follow the simple step by step procedure mentioned in this post to access your Hotmail account without any problems.
Sign In To Hotmail
- You will have either visit www.hotmail.com or outlook.com website on your web browser to access your Hotmail account. Even if you type Hotmail.com address, you will be instantly directed to Hotmail sign in page or Windows Live sign in page.
- If you have an MSN log in account details, say Hotmail account, then you can use it to log into Live Mail. All you got to do is to key in your Hotmail username and password to access your inbox.
- You will find two type boxes in the sign in page. You need to enter your username or the Hotmail email id in the first box.
- Once done, you need to press the tab button to move on to the next type box and type the password you had used to sign in to Hotmail account. As the password is case sensitive, be sure to key in the exact password you used to create your Hotmail account in order to get instant access to your inbox.
- After entering these two fields correctly, you just need to click on Sign in option given below the boxes to log in to your Hotmail account. You can now check your emails and also replay to new messages.
If you are logging from the same computer always, then you can opt for the option called “keep me signed in” just below the type boxes on the sign in page while logging in. So, from next sign in, your username will already be present and you just need to enter Read More…
The process of sign in Hotmail login is simple which is described below.
- You will find the sign in page of Hotmail at mail.live.com or at the Hotmail domain: www.hotmail.com
- The Hotmail accounts can be accessed through either domain
- If you are signing up for the first time, there are simple procedures to be followed.
- When signing up for a new Hotmail account through the Windows Live Hotmail page, there are two sections to be noted – the right hand section is for existing users while the left hand section of the page allows first time users to sign up
When you click on the Hotmail sign up link you will be redirected to the sign up page. You will be asked to enter an email address which is subject to availability. There are available options which appear to help you in choosing an available email address. You will be asked to enter a password which needs to include alpha numeric characters and has to be at least of 8 characters. You will be asked to enter other basic information such as your gender, location and the verification code that is provided.
The two step verification process has been initiated for Hotmail users.
- For this, you need to key in a phone number and an alternate email address
- You may be asked to choose a security question and provide the answer to the same. In future, you will be asked this question and the same answer needs to be provided. Such answers are usually case sensitive.
There are several users of Hotmail account even today, decades after Hotmail was first introduced and revolutionized the concept of email service.
If you are one of the existing loyalists who still hold onto their Hotmail accounts, you might have seen the number of changes that Microsoft has introduced over the last couple of years. Today all Microsoft’s services have been integrated, especially related to web services. The Live domain now handles most of the online MSN services. What’s more, the online email services of MSN have been integrated under the new Outlook domain. Gone are the days when Hotmail was a domain that was a novelty feature by itself, being the first free web based email service. At the time it was introduced, during the late nineties, ISP providers were the only sources of email services for people. People had to subscribe to ISP services to gain access to the email services. In such a setting, Hotmail was introduced. It claimed to give access to one’s email account from anywhere in the world. All one needed was access to the internet to log onto their email account. Hotmail offered its domain and email service free to be accessed by all its email subscribers.
If you have been a Hotmail email user from the lat nineties, you might have witnessed the series of changes that have come about in the Hotmail login process. For quite some time, Hotmail.com domain has remained singular, even after the Hotmail founders sold it to Microsoft. However, soon MSN homepage was another source of logging into one’s Hotmail account. Today all MSN email services have been integrated and are offered through the new Outlook domain. While users are encouraged to sign up for a new Outlook web based email account, those who are existing users of Hotmail can use the Outlook domain to log into their existing Hotmail account. The existing Hotmail credentials now give Read More…
You might own a MSN or Hotmail login sign in account and you will see that the security processes have been ramped up recently.
Like other email services like Gmail, MSN has introduced the two step verification process for all its email services. Hotmail is a part of MSN services and hence, the two step verification is relevant for Hotmail users as well. Even though it does involve more procedures to Hotmail login, such measures have been introduced for the following reasons:
- Hotmail had come under criticism recently for being one of the most hacked email service
- Its security measures were deemed less than other web based email services
- Many new users contemplated opening a Hotmail account due to security concerns
If you are new to the two step verification process, here is what it will involve:
- You would need to type in the password as you did when logging into your Hotmail account.
- Along with password, you would need to verify a code that has been sent to your phone number or alternate email address for the second stage of verification.
- Today all Hotmail users are being asked to key in these additional inputs to strengthen the security of their account.
- In absence of additional verification, one leaves their email account vulnerable to spam and hacking activities.
There are many users who are not happy about the two step verification process being initiated. It definitely makes signing in a more cumbersome affair. For those who need to log into their email accounts several times in a day, it would mean delay by several minutes. However, the two step verification is not sought every time one logs in. It would be initiated from time to time.
The two step verification process has been adopted by Microsoft as Gmail already has such a system in place for its users and there have been several instances that Hotmail accounts were hacked. This security feature also becomes essential in light of the integration of all email and web based services of Microsoft. As the Hotmail credentials will Read More…
MSN has brought about many changes in the email services it offers today. Before Hotmail had been the one web based email service of MSN while Microsoft Windows users could use their Hotmail sign in interface to download emails from Hotmail and other accounts.
Today the same Outlook service is being introduced as a web based email service of MSN. That makes Hotmail another email service that resides in the same domain as MSN Outlook. With such changes, several Hotmail users are confused as to which domain to log onto. The process of integrating the different web based services of MSN started for the last few years and with the Live campaign the Outlook mail and other Live services have emerged.
If you wish to compare the Hotmail.com Login vs Outlook Sign in services here is a lowdown of the differences between the two:
- If you are a Hotmail user, when you type in hotmail.com on your browser address bar, you may be redirected to the Outlook domain
- Even if the Outlook mail site opens, the existing Hotmail users can still use their Hotmail credentials to log into their existing Hotmail account
- On this page you will be able to access other MSN services. Whether you have a Hotmail credential or Outlook ID, the same can be used to access all other MSN services
- Today Hotmail remains as part of MSN services whose mail servers and domain run parallel to Outlook though integration of both mail servers are slowly taking place.
Many users of Hotmail might be confused when they are redirected to the Outlook site. However, it is to be kept in mind that, it is not mandatory to have an Outlook account and you can in Hotmail login account on this page. The option is being given to Hotmail users to upgrade to Outlook, the new mail service of Microsoft. If you choose to do so, your mail folders will be integrated accordingly and migrated to the new platform. While you will have access to the new features and interface of Outlook, your previous mail data of Hotmail will be preserved with other mail settings.
Here is a lowdown of what Outlook has to offer:
- This is a new web based email service launched by Microsoft, different from the Windows based email platform that it used to be
- This new email service is free, offers several versatile features such as automatic mail folder synchronization, easy to send mail formats, automatic addition of contacts in address book and so forth
- As compared to Hotmail which is a long lasting email service, the data storage space and certain other features are new in Outlook
- Existing Hotmail users can choose to migrate their account to Outlook. They can choose to stay with their Hotmail ID or use the outlook.com ID
Do you like to share photos and chat with your friends, family, colleagues or relatives on the computer? Are you interested in sending and receiving business mails or personal mails on the computer? Well, then first you need to have a high speed internet connection on your computer. One of the most popular and oldest web based mail service that you can access on your computer is Hotmail. It is a property of Microsoft Corporation and was founded in the year 1996.
Hotmail is the world’s first web based mail service that was founded in 1996 by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia in Mountain View in California State. The headquarters of Hotmail was first in Sunnyvale. Microsoft knew that the service could make a big revolution in the world of communication between people and soon acquired Hotmail in 1997. They launched it as MSN Hotmail and since then there has been no looking back for this most preferred web based mail service. Read More…
There are many free email services existing in the web world to make people receive and send mails with ease. One among them is the Hotmail sign in or Windows Live Hotmail. This email service was started by Microsoft in 1997. Since then, Microsoft has added new functional features to this email service like sky drive, memo pad, calendar, chat messenger, etc. moreover the customers can get online support for using the service through email help and FAQs.
Creating The Account
One needs to create hotmail account to login into hotmail and use it for mailing service. The user can use any of the existing email address as the username for the hotmail account such as from Yahoo, Gmail or Outlook.com. To create the hotmail account, you will have to go to “create an account page” of the Hotmail website. Then follow the steps given below to create the account so that you can easily access hotmail login.
- Enter your first and last name in the boxes provided
- Enter your existing username or get a new email address as your username.
- Now create a password with at least 8 characters that are case sensitive
- Re-enter your password in the next box
- Enter the region or country that you belong to