Do you like to share photos and chat with your friends, family, colleagues or relatives on the computer? Are you interested in sending and receiving business mails or personal mails on the computer? Well, then first you need to have a high speed internet connection on your computer. One of the most popular and oldest web based mail service that you can access on your computer is Hotmail. It is a property of Microsoft Corporation and was founded in the year 1996.
Hotmail is the world’s first web based mail service that was founded in 1996 by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia in Mountain View in California State. The headquarters of Hotmail was first in Sunnyvale. Microsoft knew that the service could make a big revolution in the world of communication between people and soon acquired Hotmail in 1997. They launched it as MSN Hotmail and since then there has been no looking back for this most preferred web based mail service. Microsoft is currently offering the Hotmail service with a new brand name called Windows Live Hotmail or Outlook.com and its latest version had come out in 2011.
Features Of Hotmail
Similar to other popular webmail services, Outlook.com also uses Ajax programming techniques and can be accessed by the latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. The following are the unique features on offer from Microsoft’s Hotmail service:
- Keyboard controls so that you can navigate around a page without the use of a mouse
- It offers auto completion of contact addresses when you type for speedy mail composing.
- It does not scan emails or attachments in its user’s mails for promoting advertising information and it is completely ad-free.
- Active View to directly contact with contacts and email functionality.
- Automatically group sent and received mails offers a sweep option to move large amounts of emails into specific folders.
- Single user code to sign into a Microsoft account.
Login To Hotmail
- Open a new web browser and type the web address Hotmail.com login or Outlook.com in the web browser.
- You need to have a valid username which is your email address and a relevant password to access the hotmail website.
- Type the email address that you have used when signing in for a Hotmail account in the text box provided for entering the username in the Hotmail web page.
- Once you have correctly entered the Hotmail username, shift to the text box below where you need to enter the exact password that you had given when signing up for a Microsoft Hotmail new email account.
- Once you have given the correct username and password, click on the sign in button. You will be instantly taken to your Hotmail email account page where you can access your new received mails or send new emails to your contacts.
So, what are you waiting for? Log on to the Hotmail.com website and register in Hotmail for a new email account. Get in touch with your loved ones, family members, friends and colleagues at the touch of a button.