In the recent past the process of sharing information and basic communication was tedious and it required long hours of waiting for a response. However, with the introduction of the internet services the communication process has significantly improved. Today it is very easy for one to have a conversation with other people regardless of their geographical location. This has been made possible by the different email service providers. There are quite a few service providers that you can choose from with Hotmail is one of the popular service providers.
How to sign into Hotmail
One thing that you ought to know is that Microsoft rebranded the service provider from Hotmail at Outlook.com. This however doesn’t mean that you cannot access your old email account. You will be able to use your old log in detail on the new and improved email account. The website has changed and for you to access your email, you will have to go via the Outlook.com official website. The process of logging in to your account is very easy.
- Launch the official website. You will be directed to the Outlook home page.
- In the space provided enter your email account. The most interesting part with Hotmail is that you can log in using your phone number. This is the phone number that you registered with the account. You need to ensure that the phone number is verified.
- Enter your password.
- Check the ‘keep me signed in’ button. You should only check this button is you are using your own computer. By checking this button you will be directed to your Hotmail email account home page without logging in. If on a shared computer, keep the button unchecked.
- Click on sign in.
When you are logging in, you may be asked to provide the verification code that will be sent to your phone. This will occur if you have activated the 2 step verification process on your account. The 2-step verification process is a security process that has been designed to add a layer of protection to your account. You will be required to log in to your account with your normal password and an extra code. This will help you to keep your account safe and people won’t be able to access your account. You can activate your 2 step verification through your phone, email address or the authenticator app. To turn the process on:
- Once you log in to your account, on the right hand side, click on ‘account settings’.
- You will be directed to a new page, click on the security and privacy option.
- When the security page opens, click on the 2 step verification process. Click on turn on.
- Follow the instructions that follow. You should ensure that you are given the correct phone number as that is what will be used to send the verification code. To more information, clicking here to access.
Once you log in to your account, you will be able to enjoy great features like SkyDrive, Skype, Online document editing and many other great features that have been introduced.