Hotmail is one of the most popular free web based email service providers on the internet. Hotmail is now a service that comes under Microsoft Corporation and the service has now been changed to the Outlook.com email service since 2012. To log in to your Hotmail account, you will have to create a new account and you will need a username and a password to log in to Hotmail account. Create a Hotmail account is very easy and simple and with the new Hotmail account, you will have access to all the services that are on offer from Microsoft like Windows Live, OneDrive, Outlook.com, Skype and Hotmail. If you want to create a new Hotmail account, then you need to follow the step by step instruction given below to easily open a new Hotmail account.
Creating Hotmail Account
- Open a new web browser and then in the address bar, type hotmail.com. You will be immediately taken to the Outlook.com account sign in page. You need to locate the “Don’t have an account? Sign up now” and click on the sign up now option given in blue.
- You will now be directed to the Microsoft Account creation page. Here, you will be asked to key in a few of your personal details as well as a preferred username and password to open the Hotmail account.
- In the respective type box for the username, you will have to key in a username that you like which will be followed by @hotmail.com option. You can also check the availability of the username that you have chosen by clicking on the check availability option given below the username type box. Hotmail will also prompt you with the usernames based on your choice.
- You can choose ones suggested by Hotmail or even find out one of your own that is not yet in use. This username will be your email address that you will give your friends and relatives and other contacts.
- After the username option, it is time to choose a unique strong password for your Hotmail account. Make sure that you include alphabets, numbers as well as special characters in your password to make it strong and it should at least be having a minimum of 8 characters.
- You will also be asked to key in a few of your personal details like first and last name, gender, date of birth and your alternate email address. Make sure you give the correct details in the box provided.
- You will come across a captcha code to confirm that you are human trying to open a new hotmail account and not a robot. Type in the code as provided on your screen inside the type box.
- Next, you need to check the Agreement and Terms and Conditions and if everything is satisfactory, then click on the Accept button to complete the process of setting up your Hotmail account.
You can now get access to Hotmail inbox by logging into the account with your new username and password.